13 Huayen related works of Master Hsian-du from Taipei Huayen Lotus Association, and downloadable EPUB 3 eBooks.
With her undertaking as the abbot of Huayen Lotus Society in 1994, Master Hsien-du has been actively involved in the field of education and philanthropy, notably in education which aim to cultivate monastics who specialize in the studies and propagation of Huayen school, as well as in promoting the Huayen teaching & research on to the international platform. In order to spread the teaching of Huayen school, a series of materials were especially compiled from the voluminous and vast content of Huayen in a systematic and apprehensible manner, so that all may perceive its greatness and taste the cool nectar of dharma. With the hope that doctrines of Huayen may have far-reaching impacts during this digital era, the Digital Archives Group of DDBC (now DILA) was commissioned by Taipei Huayen Lotus Society to establish an online platform to house the Huayen Collection and e-books for easy and immediate referencing purposes.
- Text markup: Uses the international document standard TEI (Text Encoding
Initiative) for content markup (XML Markup).
- Web interface:
(1) Basic functions: parallel reader for tape of contents and text, option to
choose whether to wrap text according to the original book, cite and copy
function, font enlargement and reduction, search, and other functions.
(2) Personalised interface function: “Annotate”, “Bold”, “Italic”, “Red characters”, “Preset”, “Bookmark” and other functions are added to the personalized edited work.
(3) Mobile version interface function: suitable for the reading interface design on mobile devices such as mobile phones and tablets.
- EPUB3 e-Books: e-books conforming to EPUB3 specifications can be downloaded and read offline on mobile devices such as mobile phones and tablets, and are available on the shelves of major e-book distributors, such as: Google Books, Readmoo, HyReadebooks, the National Library of Public Information e-books service platform, iRead e-Books etc.